Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 Valentine Exchange

It's almost time for the annual Pre-K/Kindergarten Valentine Exchange!



If you wish for your class to participate, please email the following information to me at ValentineMail2014@gmail.com by Friday, January 31st.  Sorry - this is a firm date - no exceptions.  Please do not comment here to sign up or send the email to any other email address you have for me.  Comments are very welcome - just not for signing up!  These exchanges have gotten very large and the only hope I have of keeping everything organized is by having a separate email address for the project: ValentineMail2014@gmail.com.

PLEASE email your school name, your name, and school address to me EXACTLY as it would appear on an envelope addressed to you.  (If you prefer to use your home address, please do likewise.)  
Example:
          Sweetheart School
          Attn:  Mrs. Heart's Pre-K Class
          123 Lover's Lane
          Lace, TX 77777

I want to be able to copy and paste your information directly from your email to my list. Also, please send the email from the email address that you want to be contacted at, so I can simply "reply" to your email.  Please send one email per teacher/class participating.
I am going to put everyone on one giant list with the directions that your class should send one homemade paper valentine to the twelve classes that follow you on the address list.  (If you fall towards the end of the list, you would include addresses at the top of the list until you reach twelve.)  Your class will receive valentines from the twelve classes that were above yours on the list.

I will try to spread different states around the list, but I don't want to turn down classes just because I already have too many participants from a certain state....so we'll just have to work with what we have.  (Teachers tend to be experts at that!)

If you want to send and receive 24 valentines, please clearly state in your email that you want to be put on the list twice.  You can also sign up two classes (MWF and T-Th; AM and PM) but please make it very clear on your mailing address.

I will email the rough draft list to everyone by February 3rd .  The final list (with any corrections) will go out February 4th.  Please send out your Valentines by February 6th. This should have all the valentines arriving by February 14th.  They should be "kid creations" and not include food or candy.  You can choose whether to include a photo of your class; whether to include some information about your school, city, or state; whether to have your students sign it; and all those details. 

Also, I would love for you to become a follower of this blog!  I am currently getting up to speed with my new kindergarten class, but one of these days I hope to be back to sharing what is going on in our classroom!

Hugs,
Eilis

No comments:

Post a Comment