Thursday, July 4, 2013

Picture Books to Help Teach Math Concepts



I am joining in on First Grade and Fabulous' Picture Books to help teach Math Concepts Linky Party.  Many of my favorites have already been covered (10 Black Dots, The Shape of Things, etc.).  I love to combine math and literacy through wonderful read alouds such as these.

Here's one that I don't believe has been covered yet:




100 Days of School is a fun book to share around the 100th Day of School.  Four and five year old kids just love the riddle format, the number 100 and the idea of 100 toes! This book also touches on the concept of 100 pennies being equal to a dollar.  It is a fun and quick read as well as a great introduction for any 100 activities you have planned.  One quick one is to have ten students count off their ten fingers.

Hope you're having a great summer!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a cute story. I've not read it before! :) Thanks for the suggestion.

    Thank you for linking up with me! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete